At the end of day one of NECA 2018 Philadelphia, the 22 winners of the NECA Showstopper Awards were announced. The winners were selected from more than 100 submissions by a panel of expert judges who made their decisions based on their potential utility on the job.
Many factors were considered, including safety, their utility on the job, and the degree to which it will help employees.
One of the anonymous judges said they were very impressed with the options this year and that awarding the Showstoppers is always one of the highlights of the NECA Show.
Winners are listed in alphabetical order.
- 3M's Peltor WS_CUSH wireless communication accessory
- Arlington Industries' FLB gangable floor box and cover kits for new concrete pours
- Aris Wind's remote power unit for off-grid lighting.
- Bridgeport Fittings' MC-FLEXFIT adjustable MC Feeder cable connectors
- Cambria County Association for the Blind and Handicapped's CAB solar integrated grounding cable management system
- DeWalt's 20V MAX dual-switch band saw
- Dynamize's Ripjack for stripping URD primary cable
- Eaton's Double Door safety switch
- Enespro's AirLite PPE with Activecool Venting
- Flir's One Pro series affordable thermal imaging cameras for smartphones
- Greenlee's Shear 30T shearing station
- Hilti's water management system
- iToolCo's swivel lifting coupling
- Klein Tool's hybrid pliers
- Leviton's Type A and Type C USB receptacles
- Lind Equipment's Beacon360 Spark modular LED spring light
- Milwaukee Tool's SDS Plus Dust Trap drilling shroud
- Orbit Industries' simple support bracket with T-bar clips
- Patriot Industries' Patriot Magnum stainless steel conduit bodies
- Snake Tray's multiple pocket cable manager
- Southwire's Romex brand SIMpull NM-B-PCS Duo cable
- Werner's Blue Armor H9140 arc flash harness
All of the NECA Showstopper winners will be featured in the January issue of ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR.