Labor Ops Software is needed to support your most important resource: labor. Adopting Labor Ops Software improves overall business efficiency, increases your labor margin, helps you recruit and retain a new generation of workers, and most importantly, buys back valuable time your leadership can use to grow the business. Labor represents 40%–60% of budget for every project, making it easy to lose margin from your teams working with outdated information
What is Labor Ops Software?
Does your labor demand match your workforce? Labor Ops Software can help you answer this question. Labor Ops Software maps your existing field labor processes into digital workflows that enable automation, real-time monitoring and consolidated workforce data, improving forecasting and actuals for owners as well as the daily work experience for field teams.
How does it work?
Labor Ops Software brings your worker and job data together online. It looks and feels familiar to your processes today, but is greatly enhanced with customizable digital “views.” These new views unlock features like reporting and analysis, bulk actions, historical recordkeeping and flexibility with filtering, sorting and tagging.
- Workforce data transforms into worker profiles featuring certifications, skills, tags, performance notes, availability, location and employment history.
- Labor scheduling spreadsheets become custom reports, interactive Gantt charts and maps showing job assignments by location.
- Magnet white boards become digital rosters where workers can be reassigned on a touchscreen, and all active jobs can be referenced on-demand.
- Labor planning spreadsheets become automated bell-curve tools that alert schedulers of resource requests.
- Crews get to work easier with quick access to digital schedules, field notes and work instructions.
Why is Labor Ops Software essential for construction subcontractors?
The old way of labor management isn’t working. Labor challenges often snowball into bigger problems that impact your budget, timeline and reputation.
Resulting annual loss*
|Poor field communication||20%||$56,000|
|Backfilling absences and no-shows / Finding available workers||10%||$36,000|
|Mismanaged internal data (job site credentials, certifications, badging)||5%||$18,200|
|Overtime, over- and under-staffing||5%||$27,300**|
|Benched workforce pending transfer||3%||$10,920|
*Estimated Waste reported by subcontractor users of the RIVET Labor Ops platform
*Estimated Annual Loss calculated based for a $70 labor rate / 100 field size
**Loss calculated based on a $105 overtime rate / 100 field size
How the RIVET Labor Ops Software Platform helps contractors
Construction subcontractors and self-perform groups using the RIVET Labor Ops Platform to forecast long-term labor needs, manage workforce data, coordinate weekly schedules and manage daily rosters are able to substantially reduce administrative time, improve communication and maximize labor utilization.
- Workforce data consolidation with worker profiles and custom reports for certifications, WIP actuals, absences and tags for endless customization
- Labor forecast with bell-curve builder to load positions based on demand
- Schedule Gantt chart views and automated schedule builders
- Digital roster board with assignments, labor utilization, labor requests and key project stats organized by job site
- Resource map shows location-based availability
- Pre-populated dispatch with customizable templates
- Logs for recordkeeping of transfers, availability bench, employment and assignment changes
- Equipment (beta feature) can be assigned to job sites, vehicles and crew members
- Bulk data importing and integrations for both on-premise and cloud systems
What NECA contractors are saying
Matt Hamilton, superintendent at Electric Plus Inc. in Indiana:
“RIVET has helped me with seeing worker availability, real-time rates and composite rates. Whether I’m in the office or on the road visiting job sites, we can see worker locations, certifications, labor rates, phone numbers, address, email, emergency contacts, local unions and vaccinations are all available with the click of a button.”
Pat Mitchell, SVP/controller at Motor City Electric in Michigan:
“Technology is the only way to get tasks done without an army of people shuffling paper, but whenever we’ve looked to change, the pain of changing has seemed worse than the benefits. With RIVET, we’re using our existing employees more efficiently. It makes the jobs people are doing more palatable and more attractive to new employees. RIVET has streamlined the transferring of labor and how we communicate assignments.”
Adopting Labor Ops software enables automation, real-time monitoring and consolidated workforce data, improving forecasting and actuals for owners as well as the daily work experience for field teams.
Learn more about how the RIVET Labor Ops Platform can help transform your contractor operations: request a demo or sign up for your free trial here.
Ready to learn more about how Labor Ops Software can help your company accelerate growth? Register now for our upcoming free webinar, “Moving Your Labor Operations to Digital Workflows,” sponsored by RIVET Work.