What Does ‘Certification’ Mean?
The term “certification” is used often in the workplace, especially with technology. What does certification mean, and who does the certifying? When is it required? How well do you understand certification? Take this quiz and get certified (just kidding!).
1. An industry-recognized certification is verification of an individual’s _____ in a specific skill set.
2. Certifications offered must be approved or accredited by _____.
2. Certifications are created and issued by the _____.
4. Certifying an individual is equivalent to licensing in most states.
5. Besides individuals, _____ can be certified.
6. A certified fiber optic cable installation means _____.
7. A certified Cat 6 cable installation means it _____.
8. Professional associations offer certifications in a particular technology, while manufacturers generally offer certifications only to companies or individuals recognized to install their products.
9. Employers regularly use certifications as selection criteria for _____.
10. When choosing a certification, select one that _____.