Supervising Station Alarm Systems
How well do you understand the requirements for supervising station alarm systems based on the 2019 NFPA 72? Take this quiz and test your knowledge.
1. Carbon monoxide end-of-life signals, if provided, shall be treated as ______ signals.
Correct Answer: Trouble
2. Supervising station customers or clients and the authority having jurisdiction shall be notified in writing by the new supervising station within ______ calendar days of any change of service provider that results in signals from the client’s property being handled by a new supervising station.
Correct Answer: 30
3. When an alarm signal is received, the central station shall dispatch a runner or technician to the protected premises to arrive within ______ hours after receipt of an alarm signal if equipment needs to be manually reset by the prime contractor.
Correct Answer: 2
4. Servicing a system with a carbon monoxide trouble shall be in accordance with Chapter 14 and shall occur within ______ hours of the trouble indication.
Correct Answer: 4
5. Owners using remote station alarm systems shall provide annual documentation to the authority having jurisdiction identifying the party responsible for the inspection, testing and maintenance requirements of Chapter 14.
Correct Answer: True
6. Unless prohibited by the enforcing authority, governing laws, codes or standards, where a single communications path is used, the following requirement shall be met: The path shall be supervised at an interval of not more than ______ minutes.
Correct Answer: 60
7. If multiple transmission paths are used, the following requirement shall be met: Each path shall be supervised within not more than ______ hours.
Correct Answer: 6
8. The maximum duration between the initiation of an alarm signal at the protected premises, transmission of the signal and subsequent display and recording of the alarm signal at the supervising station shall not exceed ______ seconds.
Correct Answer: 90
9. Secondary power capacity for shared equipment shall be permitted to have a capacity of ______ hours where acceptable to the authority having jurisdiction and where a risk analysis is performed to ensure acceptable availability is provided.
Correct Answer: 8
10. A DACT is always allowed to use two telephone lines for signal transmission.
Correct Answer: False