Requirements for IT Room Equipment
Chapter 6 of the National Electrical Code covers special equipment. Article 645 specifically addresses electrical installations in IT rooms. For the provisions of Article 645 to be applied to an IT room, all specific requirements in Section 645.4 must be met. Otherwise, the electrical installation in the room shall comply with the general NEC requirements in chapters 1–4.
1. Chapter 6 of the NEC covers which of the following:
2. Sections 300.21, 770.26 and 800.26 shall apply to the boundary of an IT room.
3. To which of the following does Article 645 not apply?
4. Abandoned supply circuits and interconnecting cables in IT shall be removed unless tagged as abandoned.
5. An approved means shall be provided to disconnect power to all electronic equipment in the IT equipment room or in designated zones. There shall also be a similar approved means to disconnect the power to all dedicated HVAC systems serving the room or designated zones to cause all required fire/smoke dampers to close.
6. Power distribution units used for IT equipment shall be permitted to have multiple panelboards within a single cabinet if the power distribution unit is utilization equipment ______ for IT application.
7. Power-supply cords, communications cables, connecting cables, interconnecting cables and assorted boxes, connectors, plugs and receptacles listed as part of, or for, IT equipment shall be secured and supported in accordance with Section 300.11 if installed under IT room raised floors.
8. For an IT room or designated zones, which of the following equipment is not required to be disconnected or actuated from power by disconnects located at readily accessible locations?
9. All equipment covered by the NEC is required to be listed.
10. In IT rooms, isolated grounding receptacles are required to be identified by which symbol or color?