Do You Know ISO?
Safety professionals must be familiar with many standards and regulations that have been developed in the United States and internationally. ISO 45001 and ISO 45003 are two international standards that provide guidance for use and implementation of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems. While many of the principles and characteristics of the various standards developed for safety have common themes, it is important to review all guidelines and standards to determine what is most appropriate for your employer to implement.
1. Some of the factors that determine the efficacy of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System are:
2. According to ISO 45001, an organization is responsible for promoting and protecting worker’s physical and mental health.
3. PDCA is an acronym for
4. An organization cannot demonstrate conformity to ISO 45001 by making a self-determination or self-declaration.
5. Match the following with the appropriate term: A. _______ Shall 1. A possibility or capability B. _______ Should 2. Permission C. _______ May 3. A recommendation D. _______ Can 4. A requirement
6. “The fulfillment of physical, mental, social, and cognitive needs and expectations of a worker related to their work” is the definition of:
7. Understanding how work is organized, the social factors at work and the work environment are hazards of a ________.
8. Competency requirements for individuals in an organization are required for the following: