A Healthy Roundup
Everyone should monitor their personal health and family safety. Regular exercise and health checks with medical professionals are key to healthy living. Being aware of the conditions and environment you live and work in allows you to take proper precautions. Taking time to relax provides the body a chance to heal and recharge itself to handle daily activities.
1. The normal range for blood pressure in adults is considered to be less than _____ systolic/_____ diastolic.
Correct Answer: 120/80
2. The normal body temperature range for an adult is now considered to be _____ °F to _____ °F.
Correct Answer: 97 to 99
3. Hypertension symptoms can be a result of _____.
Correct Answer: Any of the above
4. Untreated hypertension can lead to heart attack or stroke.
Correct Answer: True
5. The normal heart rate for an average adult ranges from _____ to _____ beats per minute.
Correct Answer: 60, 100
6. At rest, the respiration rate of an average adult is _____ to _____ breaths per minute.
Correct Answer: 12, 16
7. The Epley Maneuver is a home exercise that can be used to treat _____.
Correct Answer: Vertigo
8. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that _____, a colorless, odorless, tasteless, naturally occurring gas is considered to be the second-leading cause of lung cancer behind smoking. It can also be commonly found in residences.
Correct Answer: Radon
9. Illnesses related to Sick Building Syndrome have been attributed to the presence of _____, formaldehyde fumes or Stachybotrys chartarum, the greenish-black mold that grows in the presence of high moisture levels from condensation, water leaks or flooding.
Correct Answer: Lead poisoning
10. To be safe for consumption, cooked poultry should reach an internal temperature of _____ °F.
Correct Answer: 165