The beginning of the year is a natural time to reflect on the past and to think about how you can improve for the future. In your career, trade shows and conferences will give you a chance to focus on your professional development—brushing up on your technical skills, networking with others in the industry, and learning about new services and products. As you look to the year ahead, consider adding these industry events to your calendar.
- BICSI Winter Conference, Orlando, Feb. 4–8 A conference for cabling design and installation professionals looking to discover new technologies and solutions and listen to forward-thinking presentations given by industry leaders. Keynote presentations will include former Virginia Governor George F. Allen and motivational speaker John Foley.
- ISC West, Las Vegas, NV April 10–12 ISC West is the largest event in the U.S. for the physical security industry. More than 30,000 security professionals will attend this conference covering access control, alarms and monitoring, biometrics, IP security, video surveillance/CCTV, networked security products and more.
- NECA Legislative Conference, Washington, DC, April 30–May 2 Hear about the top issues affecting the electrical contracting industry and meet the leaders who are working to provide real solutions. Leading members of Congress from both sides of the political aisle will be on hand to brief participants on the latest happenings on Capitol Hill.
- Women in NECA, Nashville, TN May 7–9 The 2018 WIN Leadership Summit highlights the work and achievements of some remarkable women in the industry and national leaders. The event will celebrate and explore the ways women contribute to the growth of the electrical construction industry.
- Lightfair International, Chicago, May 8–10 LFI is the world’s largest annual architectural and commercial lighting trade show and conference. Attendees will have access to the trade show floor, six pavilions showcasing product-specific manufacturers and accredited education courses and sessions, covering topics such as lighting, design, retrofitting buildings, smart lighting and more.
- NECA Safety Professional Conference, Louisville, KY, May 21–23 The 2017 NSPC will provide attendees with information on regulation, compliance, management techniques and standards development that impact safety and health in the electrical construction industry.
- NFPA, Las Vegas, June 11–14 The NFPA Conference and Expo is one of the world’s biggest and most comprehensive fire, electrical and life safety events. It’s an opportunity to meet with industry suppliers, learn about new products and participate in over 110 education sessions hosted by experts and professionals.
- BICSI Fall Conference, San Antonio, TX, Sept. 9–13 Learn timely ideas and advice from leading industry experts, get motivated by forward-thinking and motivational presentations given by industry leaders and investigate the latest ICT industry products and solutions.
- NECA Show Philadelphia, PA Sept. 29 - Oct. 2 NECA’s annual convention and trade show brings together the training, cutting-edge technology, innovation and products the industry can offer. Network others in the industry, discover thousands of product and service solution, explore and prepare for new markets and grow your company’s business and boost productivity.
- Greenbuild, Chicago, Nov. 12–16 Thousands of building professionals from all over the world will come together for three days of outstanding educational sessions, speakers, special seminars and to meet suppliers of green building equipment and services.
- ISC East, New York City, Nov. 14–15 ISC East is the Northeast’s largest security industry event. ISC East encompasses everything from video surveillance and access Control to smart home technologies and unmanned security.
Other conferences of interest—