Published In April 2007
- Altronix Corp, Brooklyn, NY, manufacturer of low-voltage power supplies and accessories, debuted its newly revamped Web site at www.altronix.com.
- The Medical X-Ray Center, which serves hospitals and clinics in South Dakota, Minnesota and Iowa, has deployed gigabit wireless links from BridgeWave Communications, Santa Clara, Calif. The AR60 and AR80 units will extend high-speed network connectivity to remote sites while providing secure access.
- The London Clinic, an independent hospital in London’s Harley Street area, rolled out an asset-tracking system, according to CNETNews.com. The system combines an existing Wi-Fi network in conjunction with wireless chip technology from Finnish company Ekahau.
- The EX36N camera from Extreme CCTV, Burnaby, Canada, is providing active-infrared night vision for applications in behavioral health units, sleep research labs and ER holding rooms in Oregon and Washington hospitals. The camera produces infrared vision invisible to the human eye, so patients sleeping in complete darkness can be observed on camera.
- Guarantee Electrical Co. is serving as the electrical design/build contractor for the $91 million renovation of St. Anthony’s Medical Center, St. Louis.
- North American Video, Brick, N.J.,was awarded the contract to design, supply and install the digital security and surveillance system for the new Black Bear Casino and Hotel complex near Duluth, Minn. The company also was recognized as Honeywell Video System’s Dealer of the Year.
- ReQuest has received a Multiroom Audio/Video Award sponsored by E.H. Publishing for its new iQ Intelligent Multiroom System.
- Sanyo Security Systems, a division of Sanyo Fisher, Chatsworth, Calif., named TK Security Group Inc. of Corinth, Texas its independent representative.
- Williams Scotsman International Inc., Baltimore,announced a relationship with DeWalt Industrial Tool Co. Baltimore, to integrate the Sitelock portable wireless alarm system into its mobile office fleet for use on construction job sites.