As indicated in Section 90.3, chapters 1 through 4 apply generally but can be modified or amended by the provisions in chapters 1 through 7. This Code quiz challenges readers with questions related to various special occupancies.
Created by: Michael Johnston
1. The entire inside of a gasoline fuel dispenser is a ______ location.
A. Class I, Division 2
B. Class II, Division 1
C. Class I, Division 1
D. Class III
2. Suitability of identified equipment installed in hazardous (classified) locations shall be determined by which of the following?
A. Evidence of equipment evaluation from a qualified testing laboratory or inspection agency concerned with product evaluation
B. Evidence acceptable to the authority having jurisdiction such as a manufacturer’s self-evaluation
C. Equipment listing or labeling
D. Any of the above
3. NPT-threaded entries into explosion-proof equipment shall be made up with at least ______ threads fully engaged.
4. How many receptacles are required at a Category 1 (critical care) patient bed location?
5. Each level of ground-fault protection equipment in a healthcare facility shall be performed when first installed
6. A space in which failure of equipment or a system is not likely to have a physical impact on patient care best defines which of the following?
A. Critical care (Category 1) space
B. General care (Category 2) space
C. Basic care (Category 3) space
D. Support (Category 4) space
7. Which of the following is not suitable as a wiring method for a patient care space?
A. Rigid nonmetallic conduit
B. Electrical metallic tubing
C. Intermediate metal conduit
D. Armored-clad cable that contains a 12 AWG copper insulated equipment grounding conductor
8. A location in which combustible dust is suspended in the air under normal operating conditions in quantities sufficient to produce explosive or ignitable mixtures is considered as a ______ location.
D. Class III, Division 1
9. Places of assembly are buildings or structures designed or intended for the gathering together of ______ or more people for such purposes as deliberation, worship, entertainment, eating, drinking, amusement, awaiting transportation or similar purposes.
D. All of the above
10. What is the minimum quantity of receptacles required in a hospital operating room?