It’s important to remind ourselves about the basic principles and requirements for a safe workplace.
Created by: Wesley L. Wheeler
1. Why do we install equipment grounds and equipment grounding conductors?
A. To help facilitate protective relay, ground-fault and short-circuit protection
B. To bond noncurrent-carrying metal parts of enclosures and equipment
C. To create an equipotential zone for utility and outside line workers when working on de-energized overhead line
D. All of the above
2. It is not a violation of the Occupational Safety and Health Act for an employer to fire, demote, transfer or retaliate in any way against a worker for filing a complaint or using other OSHA rights.
3. Employers must report all fatalities to OSHA within ______ hour(s) and all inpatient hospitalizations, amputations and losses of an eye within ______ hour(s).
4. Which of the following types of PPE is required to be provided by the employer?
A. Nonprescription eye protection
B. Welding PPE
C. Hard hats
D. Firefighting PPE
E. All of the above
5. Stored energy, such as a raised weight, is an example of ______ energy related to hazardous energy release.
D. None of the above
6. Energy in motion, such as electrical energy, is an example of ______ energy related to hazardous energy release.
7. Slips, trips and falls continue to be the leading cause of injuries in the workplace.
8. Maintaining three points of contact when ascending or descending a ladder or climbing onto a piece of equipment refers to ______.
A. Having two hands and one foot in contact when climbing
B. Having two feet and one hand in contact when climbing
C. A and B
9. Rubber insulating gloves that are rated at 20 kilovolts (kV) are approved for maximum use at ______ kV.
10. The blind spot behind a vehicle, when looking through a rear-view mirror, can extend as far as ______ feet until the driver can see the ground level behind the vehicle.