OSHA’s Falls Safety Stand Down Week and Construction Safety Week programs featuring job-site safety talks, hazard identification and employee training programs help workers recognize safety issues and use the proper control methods. Test your knowledge here.
Created by: Wes Wheeler
1. A job-hazard analysis includes all of the following
2. The first step in applying the hierarchy of controls for worker protection is ________.
C. Administrative controls
E. Personal protective equipment
3. The last step in applying the hierarchy of controls
for worker protection is ________.
4. The OSH Act states, “To assure so far as possible every working man and woman in the nation safe and healthful working conditions and to preserve our ________.
A. Way of life
C. Human resources
5. An employer is required to provide a workplace that
is free of recognized ________ that are likely to cause
death or serious physical harm to employees.
6. An engineering solution for recognized fall protection
would be a ________.
A. Rope barrier
D. Elevation above 6 feet
7. An example of an administrative control for fall protection would be ________.
A. Roof monitor
D. Retractable lanyards
8. An example of personal protective equipment for fall protection would be ________.
A. Full-body harness
D. Roof monitor
9. Covers over holes on construction sites shall be capable of supporting, without failure, at least ________ the weight of employees, equipment and materials that may be imposed on the cover at any one time.
D. Three times
E. Four times
10. A safety monitor shall be ________ to recognize fall hazards.