Everyone should monitor their personal health and family safety. Regular exercise and health checks with medical professionals are key to healthy living. Being aware of the conditions and environment you live and work in allows you to take proper precautions. Taking time to relax provides the body a chance to heal and recharge itself to handle daily activities.
Created by: Wesley L. Wheeler
1. The normal range for blood pressure in adults is considered to be less than _____ systolic/_____ diastolic.
E. Any of the above
2. The normal body temperature range for an adult is now considered to be _____ °F to _____ °F.
A. 95 to 97
B. 96 to 98
C. 97 to 99
D. 98 to 100
3. Hypertension symptoms can be a result of _____.
A. High intake of salt/sodium
B. Personal or work-related stress
C. Lack of exercise or physical activity
4. Untreated hypertension can lead to heart attack or stroke.
5. The normal heart rate for an average adult ranges from _____ to _____ beats per minute.
A. 50, 80
B. 60, 90
C. 60, 100
D. 70, 120
6. At rest, the respiration rate of an average adult is _____ to _____ breaths per minute.
A. 12, 16
B. 18, 24
C. 20, 25
D. 30, 40
7. The Epley Maneuver is a home exercise that can be used to treat _____.
D. Night sweats
8. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that _____, a colorless, odorless, tasteless, naturally occurring gas is considered to be the second-leading cause of lung cancer behind smoking. It can also be commonly found in residences.
B. Carbon dioxide
9. Illnesses related to Sick Building Syndrome have been attributed to the presence of _____, formaldehyde fumes or Stachybotrys chartarum, the greenish-black mold that grows in the presence of high moisture levels from condensation, water leaks or flooding.
A. Copper lines
B. Lead poisoning
C. UV-B light
D. UV-C light
10. To be safe for consumption, cooked poultry should reach an internal temperature of _____ °F.