The coronavirus pandemic has forced training to move completely online and instructors are using technology to deliver necessary programs to keep employees safe. OSHA publication 2254 covers training requirements applicable to the construction industry.
Created by: Wesley L. Wheeler
1. For the purposes of 29 CFR 1926, OSHA defines construction work as “work for construction, alteration, and/or repair, including painting and decorating.”
2. Employers shall only permit employees who are _______ by training or experience to operate equipment and machinery.
3. Only employees who are qualified and _______ shall be assigned to install, adjust and operate laser equipment.
D. None of the above
4. Training related to process safety management of highly hazardous chemicals for employees is required before any employee is involved with operating a newly assigned process and refresher training is required at least every _______ year(s).
5. Initial training for general site workers engaged in hazardous substance removal or other activities that expose or potentially expose workers to hazardous substances or health hazards shall receive a minimum of _______ hours of instruction off-site in addition to three days of actual field experience under direct supervision of a trained, experienced supervisor.
6. The steps for an employee to become a competent powered industrial truck (PIT) operator shall only consist of practical demonstrations by the trainer and an evaluation of the operator’s performance in the workplace by people who have the knowledge, training and experience to train PIT operators.
7. PIT operators must have performance evaluations conducted at intervals not to exceed _______ year(s).
8. A controlled decking zone may be established in an area of a structure over _______ feet and up to _______ feet above a lower level where metal decking is being installed and forms the leading edge of a work area.
A. 6, 12
B. 10, 20
C. 15, 30
D. 25, 50
9. An employee who has been designated to provide permit space rescue and/or emergency services must—in addition to other applicable requirements—practice making permit space rescues before attempting an actual rescue and at least once every _______ months thereafter.
10. According to 29 CFR 1926.1207 Subpart AA, “Confined Spaces in Construction,” training is required, at no cost to the employee, for work that is regulated by this standard and includes a provision that it must be provided in a language and vocabulary that the employee can understand.