This quiz gives you a chance to see how well you understand the layout and usage of NFPA 72, 2019 edition. Good luck!
Created by: Thomas P. Hammerberg
1. All definitions used in Chapters 1–29 of NFPA 72 can be found in Chapter _______.
2. A vertical line in the margin next to the section indicates a change from the previous edition.
3. Chapters 10–19 are considered the _______.
A. Administrative chapters
B. Support chapters
C. System chapters
4. Annex A does not contain any enforceable language.
5. NFPA 72 provides information about when and where fire alarm devices are required.
6. The best place to start looking for the location of particular information in NFPA 72 is _______.
A. Chapter 1
B. The index
C. The table of contents
D. Annex A
7. Indication of changes in NFPA 72 were modified in recent years. The best locations to find more information about the change indicators and what they mean is _______ and _______. (Choose two.)
A. On the “Important Notices and Disclaimers” page
B. In the table of contents
C. In Chapter 1—Administration
D. At the bottom of each page
8. Not all information in NFPA 72 applies to all situations. It is important to pay attention to _______.
A. The applicability of each major section in a chapter
B. All information in NFPA 72 found for a particular situation
C. The administration chapter
D. The table of contents
9. Chapter 20–29 are considered the _______.