Do you think the requirements for inspecting and testing fire alarms and fire sprinklers are the same? Do you know the different requirements between NFPA 25 and NFPA 72?
Created by: Thomas P. Hammerberg
1. The service provider shall notify the authority having jurisdiction if a fire alarm system is out of service for more than ______ hours.
2. If a fire sprinkler system is impaired for more than
______ hours in a 24-hour period, certain procedures, such as evacuation, fire watch or a temporary water supply, must be in place.
3. All valves controlling the water supply for automatic sprinkler systems, pumps, tanks, water levels and temperatures, critical air pressures, and water-flow switches on all sprinkler systems shall be electrically supervised by a listed fire alarm control unit.
4. The purpose of NFPA 25 is to ensure a reasonable degree of protection for life and property from fire through ______ inspection, testing and maintenance methods for water-based fire-protection systems.
5. NFPA 25 does not require the inspector to verify the adequacy of the system’s design.
6. NFPA 72 does not require the inspector to verify the system meets the design requirements during an acceptance test.
7. NFPA 72 does not require the inspector to verify the system meets the design requirements during a periodic test.
8. NFPA 25 has definitions for “inspection” and “testing,” but NFPA 72 does not.
9. Examples of a planned impairment of a fire alarm system include the addition of or reprogramming of new devices or appliances of system software.
10. The frequency for testing water flow switches and control valves are the same in NFPA 25 and NFPA 72.