Test your knowledge of the application, installation and testing of fire alarm initiating devices.
Created by: Thomas P. Hammerberg
1. Wall-mounted smoke detectors must be installed __________ inches below the ceiling to the closest point of the detector.
2. When installed at exits, manual fire alarm boxes must be installed within __________ feet of the exit doorway.
3. Where installed for signal initiation during construction, carbon-monoxide detectors shall be replaced prior to the final commissioning of the system.
4. All heat detectors must be tested at least once per year.
5. Heat detector spacing on a 20-foot ceiling shall be determined by multiplying the listed spacing by __________ percent.
6. When installing air-sampling smoke detectors, maximum air sample transport time shall not exceed __________ seconds.
7. On smooth ceilings, projected beam-type detectors may be spaced up to __________ feet between beams.
8. Smoke or heat detectors installed in elevator hoistways must be accessible for servicing or testing from outside the hoistway.
9. On a smooth ceiling, smoke detectors are installed at a nominal spacing of 30 feet, plus or minus __________ percent.
10. When installing heat or smoke detectors in areas with partitions extending up to within __________ percent of the ceiling, the spaces separated by the partitions shall be considered separate rooms.