Handheld and portable power tools are used everyday in construction. Many of these tools have been engineered to be used safely in the field by authorized, competent and qualified people.
Created by: Wesley L. Wheeler
1. Any power tool that is designed to accommodate guard(s) shall have the guard(s) in place when in use.
2. A handheld grinder with wheels of 2-inch diameter or smaller may be equipped with only a positive “on-off” control.
3. Pneumatic driven nailers, staplers and other similar equipment with automatic fastener feed, which operate at more than _______ psi at the tool, shall have a safety device on the muzzle to prevent the toll from ejecting fasteners, unless the muzzle is in contact with the work surface.
4. All abrasive wheels shall be closely inspected and _______ before mounting to ensure they are free from cracks and defects.
5. What is the maximum opening permitted between the wheel and the “work rests” on off-hand grinding machines when work rests are used to support the work?
A. 1/16 inch
B. 1/8 inch
C. 1/4 inch
D. 3/8 inch
6. Employees working around lasers shall not be exposed to light intensities above _______ per square centimeter for direct staring exposures.
A. 1 kilowatt
B. 1 microwatt
C. 1 milliwatt
D. 1 watt
7. Danger signs shall have _______ as the predominating color for the upper panel; a _______ outline on the borders; and a _______ lower panel for additional sign wording.
A. White; red; yellow
B. Yellow; red; white
C. Red; black; white
D. Yellow; black; white
8. Solid-fuel salamanders are permitted in buildings and on scaffolds.
9. The AC proof test voltage for Class 0, rubber insulating gloves is _______ rms volts.
10. Scaffolds over _______ feet in height above their base plates shall be designed by a registered professional engineer and shall be constructed and loaded in accordance with such design.