Check your knowledge of audible and visible notification appliance requirements of the 2016 NFPA 72.
Created by: Thomas P. Hammerberg
1. Fire alarm system designers must provide minimum design audibility levels for new fire alarm systems as part of the minimum documentation requirements.
2. When installing wall-mounted visible alarm notification appliances, you are no longer allowed to install only two strobe lights in a single room.
3. The standard alarm evacuation signal is a _____ temporal pattern signal.
A. one-pulse (on-off)
4. The average ambient sound level in business occupancies is approximately _____ decibels (dB).
5. For emergency voice alarm communications systems employing relocation or partial evacuation, a Level _____ pathway survivability level is required.
D. 2 or 3
6. The minimum rating for a single wall-mounted strobe light installed in a 40-foot-by-40-foot room is _____ candela.
7. When doubling the distance from the sound source, you will lose up to _____ dB.
8. When installing strobe lights in a 10-foot-wide corridor that is 40 feet long, you are allowed to install just one strobe light at the center of the corridor.
9. System audible notification appliances installed in sleeping areas to awaken occupants must produce a low-frequency signal of _____ hertz.
10. You are required to test the sound level of audible notification appliances at least once per year.