Conductors and equipment covered by the National Electrical Code (NEC)—including prefabricated systems and installations—are required to be approved. NEC tables help Code users accurately apply the requirements. Rules that appear in tabular form and without exceptions provide precise values and information. Use of the tables requires gathering required information and determining the corresponding value within the applicable table.
Created by: Michael Johnston
1. Conductors and equipment required or permitted by the NEC are acceptable only if _______.
2. Which of the following terms best describes something that can be removed or exposed without damaging the building structure or finish?
A. Accessible (as applied to equipment)
B. Accessible (as applied to wiring methods)
C. Accessible (readily)
3. Mandatory rules in the NEC are characterized by the use of which of the following words?
A. Shall or shall not
B. May or may not
C. Shall be permitted
D. Shall not be required
4. What is the minimum working space depth required for a panelboard or switchboard installed inside an electrical room?
A. 2 feet
B. 3 feet
C. 6 feet
D. 10 feet
5. What is the largest size copper grounding electrode conductor that is only connected to a copper ground rod?
A. 8 AWG
B. 4 AWG
C. 2 AWG
D. 6 AWG
6. What is the maximum ampacity of a 4 AWG XHHW copper conductor installed in a raceway if no correction factors are applied?
A. 65 amperes
B. 75 amperes
C. 85 amperes
D. 95 amperes
7. What is the minimum size copper water piping system bonding jumper required for a service if the largest ungrounded service-entrance conductor is 750 kcmil copper?
8. The minimum size of a copper wire-type common grounding electrode conductor for multiple separately derived systems installed in the same building is _______ AWG.
9. What is the maximum percentage of conduit fill for a conduit containing a single grounding electrode conductor?
A. 20 percent
B. 40 percent
C. 53 percent
D. 80 percent
10. What is the minimum burial depth for intermediate metal conduit installed under a roadway?
A. 6 inches
B. 12 inches
C. 18 inches
D. 24 inches