Review your understanding of the fire alarm requirements in the 2014 NEC. That’s not a typo. NICET is currently referencing the 2014 edition for Fire Alarm System certification.
Created by: Thomas P. Hammerberg
1. NFPA 72 requires a maximum delay of 10 seconds when transferring from primary to secondary power in accordance with Article _____ of the NEC.
2. You are allowed to run FPL cables in the same raceway as THHN if both are for power-limited circuits.
3. Which of the following communications cables is allowed as a substitute for FPLP?
4. You are permitted to install power-limited fire alarm cables in the same enclosure as electric power cables provided you maintain _____ separation from each other.
A. 0.25 inches
B. 0.50 inches
C. 1 inch
D. 2 inches
5. All power-limited fire alarm cables must be red.
6. When FPL cables are installed without a raceway, a minimum separation of _____ must be maintained from other cables used for other purposes.
7. Audio system circuits installed using Class 2 or Class 3 wiring methods in accordance with Article 725 are permitted to be installed in the same raceway as FPL cables.
8. Single FPL conductors must be a minimum of _____ AWG.
9. Circuits and equipment must comply with Article _____ when installed in ducts, plenums or other spaces used for environmental air.
10. Building control circuits associated with the fire alarm system are installed in accordance with Article _____.