- Non-intrusive series of services helps users identify critical assets, recommend digital modifications and provide budgetary estimates
- Empowers industrial internet of things (IIoT) connectivity to EcoStruxure™ Asset Advisor modernization solution
BOSTON, Mass. – December 11, 2018 – Schneider Electric, the global specialist in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, today announced MPS Connect, a new consulting offer that guides facility and electrical management professionals with a roadmap for digitally connecting critical electrical assets. This light, non-intrusive assessment ultimately provides the means for compatibility with EcoStruxure Asset Advisor, Schneider Electric’s condition-based maintenance offer that can proactively identify issues inside electrical equipment to mitigate failure risk, reduce downtime and optimize maintenance work through predictive analytics.
“Today’s legacy, ‘unintelligent’ electrical equipment is placing tremendous cost on organizations with inefficient infrastructure while increasing risk of downtime,” said Gabriel Arce, Consulting & Modernization Offer Manager, Field Services, Schneider Electric. “To move at the speed customers need, infrastructure requires an upgrade in the IIoT era. We’re thrilled to deliver MPS Connect, which gives our customers the direction and hands-on assistance they need to make connectivity a reality, driven by our onsite experts.”
Providing the Roadmap for Digital Connectivity
Many electrical facilities lack the necessary capabilities or guidance to assess current asset connectivity opportunities and drive higher levels of system reliability, efficiency and safety. Yet, organizations across industries must look to accelerate their digitization initiatives. Through MPS Connect, Schneider Electric provides a framework for professionals across oil and gas, chemical, consumer packaging, automotive, healthcare, cloud services and mining, minerals and metals (MMM) industries.
MPS Connect services encompass a phased approach for those with facilities that have some connected assets or those that do not currently have a network infrastructure. Services includes the following:
- Assess: Members of Schneider Electric’s experienced network of Power System Engineers (PSEs) perform a walkthrough of the site to understand performance goals, identify critical assets for digitization and develop a connectivity plan to EcoStruxure Asset Advisor. The PSEs will provide an assessment report based on their review of the existing infrastructure. This report would contain the following: conceptual drawing for asset connectivity, connectivity recommendations of identified critical assets, equipment modernization recommendations that enable digitization of existing assets, and budgetary estimates.
- Design: In the next phase, PSEs then develop detailed design and construction drawings for the recommendations approved by the customer during the assessment phase. All data aggregators and communication devices required for EcoStruxure Asset Advisor communication are procured and programmed prior to shipment for installation.
- Install: The final phase involves implementation. Schneider Electric installs the equipment, performs site acceptance testing and complete commissioning, ensures connectivity with EcoStruxure Asset Advisor and provides post-startup assistance.
Seamless Integration Powers Connectivity Benefits
By opting for MPS Connect services, users put themselves on the path to experiencing the benefits of the IIoT, without being disruptive to regular operations. Aging electric systems have a higher likelihood of failure that can result in safety risks, costly downtime and more. MPS Connect enables facility and electrical professionals to establish a baseline for critical asset monitoring, as well as a roadmap for critical asset digitization, monitoring and predictive analytics.
For more information on Schneider Electric's MPS Connect, please visit https://www.schneider-electric.us/en/download/document/998-20440451/.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software. In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency. We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.