With the electrical industry’s biggest trade show—NECA 2013—coming to Washington, D.C., Oct. 12-15, there’s plenty to do and see. That includes displays from 300 exhibitors and 19 free technical workshops on those days.
However, there is much more! On Friday the 11th and Saturday the 12th, a burgeoning slate of pre-convention workshops and special events are scheduled. See this 28-page flipbook.
Each attendee can obtain CEUs for attending each (and every) one of the pre-Convention education sessions, which include the following:
- Energy Forum—A four-hour event devoted to helping electrical contractors look at the various aspects of getting into the Energy Solutions business—Saturday, 12-4.
- Safety Forum—10 hours (8 on Saturday, 2 on Sunday the 13th) of contractor safety and health best practices, ranging from arc flash to OSHA compliance and more
- OSHA Train-the-Trainer 10-Hour Course—Friday and Saturday
- Significant Changes to the 2014 National Electrical Code—four hours on Friday
- Two two-hour courses on LEDs—Saturday, led by lighting expert Jim Benya
Ten additional Friday/Saturday workshops are listed in the brochure (pages 14-15). Advance registration is recommended because these workshops often fill up.
To see the course offerings outside of a flipbook, click here and click on Friday and then Saturday.
All educational offerings above are fee-based. However, free admission to the Show is available. For those who wish to obtain a free registration:
1. Go to www2.cmrreg.com/neca_c4
2. When asked for your special admission code, input PR6F