Along with the full Profile report, ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR publishes a companion feature article.
Profile of the Electrical Contractor
Related Feature Articles
- The majority of electrical contracting firms (74 percent) have a staff ranging from one to nine, and 72 percent of electrical contracting firms have annual revenues of less than $1 million.
- The 2014 Profile found that 20 percent of electrical contracting firms added employees in the previous 12 to 18 months, up 12 percent from the 2012 study.
- As older generations retire, the percentage of Profile respondents who have some higher education is increasing.
- As new construction continues to stagnate, maintenance/service and repair projects constitute 41 percent of contractor revenue.
- Contractors are seeing significant growth in the power quality, communications systems, and green building and alternative energies markets.
- About 40 percent of electrical contractors are involved in low-voltage projects in integration or data/telecom centers. ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR magazine continues to publish the bimonthly supplement, INTEGRATED SYSTEMS CONTRACTOR, to inform this market.
Web Site Stats for the Year of 2015
Baxter Readership Studies
Baxter Research Center ad studies are conducted via e-mail survey four issues a year using advertising and editorial reader research methods. This sample is selected from our qualified circulation of 85,370 (BPA, June 2010). This research measures the effectiveness of an ad or editorial's ability to attract the reader's attention in that issue.See the Archive