NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Introduction. The “Ideas That Work” Contest is sponsored by Electrical Contractor Magazine and/or a Sponsor partner company (if any). Subject to the terms of these Official Rules (“Rules”), entrants are eligible to participate by completing the information section that is located on http://www.ecmag.com/ideas-work. Four entries will be chosen each month. By participating, each entrant agrees to abide by these rules and other applicable guidelines; and the decisions of Electrical Contractor Magazine, which are final and binding in all respects. Each entry chosen each month will be notified by Electrical Contractor Magazine.
- To Enter. To enter, entrants must do the following: (1) Go to http://www.ecmag.com/ideas-work , and (2) complete all required information fields found on the Ideas That Work page and (3) provide the requested information, including a photo/image of the idea.
- Eligibility. The “Ideas That Work” Contest is open to electrical contractors, their employees, and family members of such contractors or employees who are legal residents of the United States and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry (collectively, “Eligible Entrants”). IDEAS THAT WORK IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Employees, officers, and directors of Electrical Contractor, its subsidiaries, and agents, as well as the immediate family members (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings and grandparents) and household members (defined as people who share the same residence for at least 3 months during a 12-month period) of any such Sponsor or Sponsor partner company (if any) employee, officer, or director are not eligible to enter or win. The “Ideas That Work” is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation in the “Ideas That Work” constitutes an Eligible Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Rules and Electrical Contractor Magazine decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the “Ideas That Work”. Electrical Contractor Magazine shall be the sole and ultimate judge with respect to determining any entrant’s eligibility.
- For All Entries. All information submitted as part of the “Ideas That Work” entry becomes the property of Electrical Contractor Magazine. The ideas presented in the “Ideas That Work” article/feature are for consideration only. Before using such ideas, make sure codes and safety issues have been fully adhered to. Electrical Contractor and the Sponsor partner company (if any) disclaims any liability from the use of these or any other ideas. Electrical Contractor Magazine reserves the right to reprint the entry at its’ discretion.
- Winner Selection.
- (a) Each month, Electrical Contractor Magazine will select four “Ideas That Work” entries pursuant to the terms of these Rules.
- (b) Each “Ideas That Work” winner must comply with these Rules, conditions, and guidelines, as determined by Electrical Contractor Magazine. For purposes of clarity, winning is contingent on the entrant’s fulfillment of all applicable rules and requirements and the winners are selected solely by Electrical Contractor Magazine. Note that some similar ideas may be submitted by more than one person. In these cases, the one that is more clearly written and includes an appropriate photo will be given precedence. Electrical Contractor Magazine decisions are final and binding in all respects.
- (c) If an Eligible Entrant winner does not comply with these terms, or if the notice of winning or the prize is undeliverable, and/or if a winner fails to otherwise comply with these Rules or any other applicable terms and conditions, such winner will be disqualified, and will forfeit his or her prize or right to claim a prize. Only one (1) First Place Winner and three (3) alternate winners will be contacted monthly.
- Prizes. With regard to “Ideas That Work” winners selected pursuant to the terms of these Rules, the First Place winner will receive a prize from the Sponsor partner company (if any) valued up to $350.00. Each published author will receive a $50 American Express gift card from Electrical Contractor. No substitution, assignment, or transfer of prize permitted, except by Electrical Contractor or the Sponsor partner company (if any), who reserves the right in their sole discretion to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Each “Ideas that Work” winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
- Odds of Winning. An Eligible Entrant’s odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries that Electrical Contractor receives during the Entry Period. An Eligible Entrant’s odds of winning will likely decrease as the number of entries increases.
- Disputes. Except where prohibited by applicable law, each entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest , or any prizes awarded, other than the administration of the Contest or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action suit, and exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction situated in Bethesda, Maryland; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred by the entrant, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event will a Contest entrant be entitled to recover attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will a Contest entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each Contest entrant hereby waives all rights to claim any punitive, incidental, special, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than claims for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Each Contest entrant hereby waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of Contest entrants and Electrical Contractor in connection with the Contest, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Maryland or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Release. By accepting any Contest prize, each Contest winner agrees to hold harmless Electrical Contractor and its promotional partners, including a “Sponsor partner company” (if any) and its and their respective parent companies, affiliates, participating retailers, distributors, suppliers, advertising, and promotion agencies and each of its and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims and causes of action, including but not limited to any liability, loss, injury, and damage to entrants or any other person or entity, including personal injury or death to entrant or any other person, and damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any contest prize, including without limitation, any travel or prize activities related thereto, or participation in the Contest.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited by applicable law, participation in the Contest constitutes each Contest winner’s consent to Electrical Contractor and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, and city of residence for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide in perpetuity (unless prohibited by law), without further payment or consideration.
- Limitations of Liability. Electrical Contractor, Sponsor Partner company (if any) and its agencies are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by a Contest entrant, printing errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical, hardware, software, or electronic malfunctions of any kind, including without limitation, any such malfunction arising out of or in connection with any Contest prize; (c) lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest that may limit the ability to enter; (d) any human error that may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest; (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from receipt or use or misuse of any prize; and (f), notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, any violation of any federal, state, or local law, rule, regulation, or ordinance by any Contest entrant by virtue of such entrant’s participation in the Contest, including without limitation, the violation of any United States copyright law by such Contest entrant, whether resulting from the content of such entrant’s submission or otherwise. If for any reason, (including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of Electrical Contractor, that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest), the electronic portion of the Contest is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Electrical Contractor shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest without liability to any person, including without limitation, any Contest entrant.
- Miscellaneous. A Contest entrant’s failure to comply with these Rules or any other applicable terms, conditions, or guidelines will result in his or her disqualification. Electrical Contractor makes no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the nature, utility or quality of any Contest prize awarded.
- Privacy and Winner List. When you participate in a survey or enter a contest or sweepstakes, an Electrical Contractor sponsored event, or through Electrical Contractor’s website or social media sites, Electrical Contractor may collect your name, address, telephone number, and/or e-mail address. Electrical Contractor uses this information to administer your participation in a contest or sweepstakes. The personal information provided on the relevant entry form (or by way of your electronic Contest entry) may be used by Electrical Contractor to provide Contest entrants with additional information about promotional events. You may opt out of receiving additional Electrical Contractor promotional material by unfollowing Electrical Contractor on Twitter and by unfriending Electrical Contractor on Facebook. Electrical Contractor is dedicated to protecting your privacy. You can contact us or otherwise communicate your privacy concerns to us by:
- Calling us at 301-215-4517 (Astra Hudson), emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org , or contacting us on Facebook or Twitter using the contact information found below.
- Writing us at the address below (please include your e-mail address and phone number along with your correspondence as well as the information needed to support your request):
Attention: Circulation Dept.
3 Bethesda Metro Center #1100
Bethesda, MD 20814