About Electrical Contractor
ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR magazine serves the field of electrical construction, including inside, line work, lighting, maintenance, control, electrical work, voice/data systems, security, fire and life safety, fiber optics, home and building automation systems, integrated building systems applications and others applicable to the field. The magazine is part of the National Electrical Contractors Association, but serves the entire electrical construction industry. The 85,000+ readers include business owners, partners, presidents, engineers, estimators, purchasing agents, project managers, supervisors, foremen, electricians and others. ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR Magazine is the official publication of the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA).
ECmag.com is the fastest growing and most visited site by electrical contractors in the industry and offers the broadest array of digital information available, all of which is fully searchable with archives going back to 2000. ECmag.com contains videos, webinars, white papers and a whole lot more.
ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR Mission Statement
The mission of ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR Magazine is three-fold:
- Circulation: Our Circulation mission is to identify and reach professionals working in electrical contracting firms who in the aggregate, are responsible for a minimum of 90% of the total market dollar volume as reported by the U.S. Census Bureau. Circulation is industry-wide, regardless of any association or other industry affiliation. To accomplish that mission we regularly and aggressively use our own and outside market research to provide detailed documentation of the activities, specific interests, future needs and demographic makeup of our total audience.
- Editorial Content: Our overall editorial mission is to provide our readers with the most complete information package available pertaining to their needs in both business management and everyday field working environments. Editorial is 100% staff written, with no unsolicited/unpaid editorial accepted. We present editorial in a graphically stimulating, instructive, and pleasant-to-read atmosphere.
- Advertising Content: Our advertising mission is to provide the most compelling, must-read customer (reader) friendly environment to maximize our customer's (advertiser) ability to communicate with their customers. Our mission is to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of their investment to the largest audience of decision makers in the industry.
October 9, 2015—ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR Magazine Names 2015 Showstopper Awards
January 16, 2015—ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR Magazine Launches Multimedia Brand
Awards and Accolades
- Folio “Eddie” Award—B-to-B: Honorable Mention for Feature Article
- Folio “Eddie” Award—B-to-B: Honorable Mention for two full issues
- Excel Award Bronze for General Excellence, ECmag.com
- Folio “Eddie” Award—Editorial Excellence, B-to-B: 2014 Best Issue Winner and Honorable Mention for Feature Article
- Folio “Ozzie” Award—Design Excellence, B-to-B: 2014 Cover Design
- 2013 Association Media and Publishing Excel Awards—Gold Web Publishing, Redesign, ECmag.com
- 2012 Folio "Eddie" Award—Silver, B-to-B, Energy/Utilities/Engineering Full Issue, April 2012
- 2012 Folio "Eddie" Award—Bronze, B-to-B, Energy/Utilities/Engineering Full Issue, February 2012
- 2011 Folio "Eddie" Award—Gold, B-to-B, Energy/Utilities/Engineering Full Issue, July 2010
- 2011 Folio "Eddie" Award—Silver, B-to-B, Energy/Utilities/Engineering Full Issue, September 2010
- 2011 Folio "Ozzie" Award—Gold, B-to-B, Circulation 50,000–100,000 Best Cover, April 2011
- 2011 Folio "Ozzie" Award—Bronze, B-to-B, Circulation 50,000–100,000 Best Cover, March 2011
- 2010 Folio "Eddie" Award—Silver, B-to-B, Energy/ Utilities/Engineering Website, www.ECmag.com
- 2009 Folio "Eddie" Award—Gold, B-to-B, Energy/Utilities/Engineering, Full Issue, January 2009
- 2009 Folio "Eddie" Award—Gold, B-to-B, Energy/Utilities/Engineering, Web site: www.ECmag.com
- 2009 Snap Excel Award, Silver, Magazines—General Excellence for Best Writing, Graphic Design and Overall Packaging, Circulation of 50,000 to 100,000
- 2009 Snap Excel Award, Gold, Media Kit—Judged on Organization, Clarity and Graphic Design
- 2009 Snap Excel Award, Silver, Magazines—Redesign, Security + Life Safety Systems
- 2008 Tabbies Award, Silver, Front Cover Illustration, Electrical Contractor, April 2007
- 2008 Snap Excel Awards, Magazine Cover Photo Illustration, Electrical Contractor, January 2008
- 2008 Snap Excel Awards, Magazines—Redesign, Circulation More Than 50,000 Electrical Contractor
- 2008 Folio "Eddie" Award, Silver, B-to-B, Energy/Utilities/Engineering, Full Issue, Electrical Contractor, March 2008
- 2007 Apex Awards for Publication Excellence Magazine Design and Layout, Electrical Contractor, March 2007
- 2007 Apex Awards for Publication Excellence Magazine Cover, Electrical Contractor, January 2006
- 2007 Folio "Eddie" Award, Silver, B-to-B, Energy/Utilities/Engineering, Full Issue, Electrical Contractor, March 2007
- 2007 Folio "Eddie" Award, Bronze, B-to-B, Energy/Utilities/Engineering, Best Article or Series of Articles, "Successful Succession Planning" Series, Electrical Contractor
- 2005 Snap Excel Award, Gold, Magazine Cover Photo Illustration, Electrical Contractor, April 2004
- 2002 Folio "Ozzie" Award, Silver, B-to-B, Circulation over 35,000, Best Redesign